Friday, February 4, 2011

Frozen Angels

So its Friday. I'm so glad this week is almost done. I think if I work on my Eugenics blog today I will go crazy so I decided to do a quick review blog.

Last week in class we watched a video called Frozen Angels. It was all about pregnancy. It talked about surrogacy and donating eggs and sperm. The video showed us real life situations of a surrogate mother and parents that were getting her baby. It also talked to woman that donate their eggs to other couples.

I usually consider myself a person that is king and giving. But I don't know if I could give my eggs or carry a baby to term for another mother. There is a big pay day for people who do but I don't think I can. I do have a lot of respect for the people that do do these things. It must be a great feeling to provide a child to parents that can't have children. There must be a great feeling to provide a home for a Mother's baby when she can't provide the home for the babies first nine months herself. I know the people that can't have their own kids or carry their own to term must be very grateful to the people that provide the opportunity to have kids.
I can't imagine having a bunch of kids out there and I didn't know where they were or who they are or who they grew up to be.
I think the people who do donate their eggs or carry a baby must be very strong. There was one surrogate mother on the video that said she had no attachment to the baby she was carrying. After spending nine months very close together I think I would be very attached.
One thing I did learn from this video is I have a deep respect for the people that give up their eggs and carry babies for other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment